These little beauties are perfect for a rustic or DIY wedding, especially in the autumn, or doused in glitter for a winter wedding. Here’s the How-t0:
You will need:
- pine cones (one per guest),
- glue – or spray mount
- newspaper to cover surfaces if you’re using spray mount
- a plate or plastic container
- a guillotine; or a steel ruler and craft knife
- Card with your guests’ names printed on them – I used Chopin Script free front
- A corner punch
Cut the name cards down to size using a guillotine or steel ruler and blade.
Trim the edges with your trusty corner punch.
Here’s some I made earlier!
If you’re going for glittery, coat the pine cone liberally in glue. If using spray mount, make sure and cover work surfaces with newspaper before you get going.
Pour the glitter out onto a plate and roll the pine cone around in it until it is covered.
Thread the name card through the top of the pine cone.
Here’s the finished product. Happy DIYing!
Share the quirkTweet