In today’s post, Alan Mooney Photography share with us their tips for a snow-hit winter wedding.
- If you have very bad weather on your day, make sure your chosen vendors have a local back-up who they can call on if they get snowed in or are unable to attend.
- Before leaving the Church, many couples shake hands with their guests just outside the door. If it’s icy outside, do this inside, at the back of the church so bride and groom aren’t frozen!
- If you you’re planning to take photos at a separate location from your ceremony or reception venue, make sure your chauffeur will be able to get you there, otherwise take photos at the hotel.
- The bride and guests should bring a pair of shoes suitable for ice! 5 inch heels in bad snow is an accident waiting to happen!
- Get your bridesmaid to bring a warm shawl or coat that you can throw over your dress in between pictures if you choose to have your photography outside! (some tissues would be good too)!
- Try not to get too stressed if things don’t go as well as planned!
Couple: Audrey and Dara
Wedding date – 28th of December 2009
Church – Ballyrush Church
Hotel – Cromleach Lodge, Lough Arrow, Castlebaldwin, Sligo, Co. Sligo, Ireland
Photographer – Alan Mooney Visit his website for more photos. Note these images have been optimized for web and therefore are not indicative of the quality of final prints.
Share the quirkTweet