Ok, for some couples this is probably not a deal-breaker but I studied video in university and have been known to make my own amateur wedding videos at family weddings (a nice gift idea which gives the couple another insight on their big day), so I knew ‘we’ wanted something quirky and different.
And we all know a wedding is not so much a ceremony of matrimony as a massive research project so I trawled the world (wide web) and my growing little library of wedding books to come up with the best questions to ask the videographers, and here they are:
1. Have you filmed in our venue before? This isn’t a biggie, but it is definitely a bonus if the videographer can show you a beautiful video from the place you’ve booked.
2. Have you done many winter weddings?
3. Request a full copy of one winter wedding. Ours is a winter wedding so the light is a big factor for the photographs and video.
4. How long will the DVD be?
5. How long after the wedding can we expect to receive DVD?
6. Does the price include VAT?
7. What booking deposit do you require?
8. Will there be an additional charge for music?
9. Will we have any input into the choice of music?
10. How much will extra copies of the DVD cost?
11. What camera equipment do you use? this is my own optional nerdy question – Ro would have no interest in that end of things at all.
So there you have it. Is there anything I’ve missed? Or you smug marrieds, have you any stories about your big day and the video?
Share the quirkTweet