I think we can all agree that planning a wedding can get stressful! Your hen party should be a celebration with your closest gal pals, so what to do if you’re too pooped from the wedding planning to hit the tiles? Or maybe it’s not your kind of thing anyway. It’s time to hit the spa.
I found myself burning out a few weeks ago, juggling a blog, a job and a wedding among other things so I decided to put the foot down and take some time out. It was fellow wedding blogger and fab jewellery designer Aisling from Rangoli who recommended The Radisson Blu Farnham Estate in Cavan. Well it would have been rude not to…
The weekend I spent there was pure bliss and it made me imagine what it would be like to have a spa hen.
Full disclosure: I have no control over where my hen will be – that is up to my bridesmaids. They would never chain me to a lamp-post in the nip…right? They are busy plotting and planning so as I have no experience of hen planning I’ll just occupy myself by compiling a list of reasons why spa hen parties rock:
- Chilling out in a thermal suite with your ladies is the perfect opportunity to catch up.
- Visiting a spa is virtually guaranteed to recharge your batteries and put you on the right footing for the wedding countdown.
- Seeing as how you’ll be so relaxed, you can still hit the tiles at night.
- Spas appeal to women of all ages, unlike many nightclubs so they’re a great choice for hens where Mammies and Aunties will be going too.
- It’s a good opportunity to trial nail colours/manicure types and tan brands on your bridesmaids.
- Citydeal! Keeping your eyes peeled on deal websites can help you to secure a great price for all your guests.
- High Tea – what’s not to love!
What are you planning for your hen? And if you’re one of my bridesmaids – what are you planning for mine? Hehe.
Share the quirkTweet