Diamonds are made of tough stuff. Not only are they sparkly and eye-catching, they last for generations. Having said that, there are some steps you can take to make sure they look their best and stay in top condition:
- Have a safe place that you can put your ring when using detergents/applying lotion/showering etc. I have a hook in the bathroom and one in the kitchen for it so if it’s not on my finger, I always know where it is.
- When using detergents or heavy equipment, remove your ring as it is likely to be damaged if you keep it on.
- Likewise, if you are applying hand cream or body lotion, remove your ring to avoid a build-up that can dull the stones.
- Have your ring appraised by a jeweler yearly to make sure the stones are secure, especially if the prongs seem loose.
- Bring your ring to a jeweler for a written evaluation. Keep this document in a safe place and make sure your ring is covered in your home and contents insurance.
- If you have a white gold ring, it will need to be recoated periodically.
Share the quirkTweet